[Cugapost] Postdoctoral Positions at the Hebrew University and Tel Aviv University- A message from Guy Ron
lorelei at jlab.org
Tue Apr 30 08:38:47 EDT 2013
Postdoctoral Positions at the Hebrew University and Tel Aviv University
The nuclear physics groups at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and Tel
Aviv University are seeking
to fill several postdoctoral positions in experimental nuclear physics.
Available positions include:
1. Construction of a slow positron beam based on a solid neon moderator.
2. Electron scattering experiments at the Jefferson lab and the MAMI
Microtron in Mainz.
3. Work on the MUSE (MUon proton Scattering Experiment) being developed
for the PSI muon facility.
4. Work on a novel electrostatic ion trap scheme to trap radioactive
ions for beyond standard model studies.
A PhD in experimental nuclear physics is required. The candidate must
have a strong background in particle detector technology, detector
and data analysis. Experience with vacuum and Cryogenic system in
For more information please contact either Prof. Eli Piasetzky at Tel
Aviv University (eip at tauphy.tau.ac.il)
or Dr. Guy Ron at the Hebrew University (gron at phys.huji.ac.il).
Interested candidates should send (1) a letter of application, (2) a
(3) the publicationslistm (4) a brief statement of research interests and
(5) a list of three references to Dr. Guy Ron at gron at phys.huji.ac.il.
also arrange for letters of recommendation to be sent directly to the
More information about the Cugapost