[Cugapost] Job Posting for Nuclear Physicist
lorelei at jlab.org
Thu Jan 13 14:41:47 EST 2022
Staff Scientist (Physics) for Research Team in Hoffman Estates, United States of America | Siemens Healthineers<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jobs.siemens.com_healthineers_jobs_292514&d=DwMFAg&c=CJqEzB1piLOyyvZjb8YUQw&r=TI1-uR1CNrL-lIqQDSyKdxNA8TlS9bg3dZbKl21HDQU&m=UtHgLPcLqoxienqdT5ndSd_xPeYZBBdlZ_N82wF8RdmelBISCbrQRFtxqDYQQYET&s=CpOZnXhT9rlSf9XECs-_VaOoNWoFqPh-Alh9TZ82F64&e=>
Join our team now as a Staff Scientist (Physics) for our Research Team. We are seeking an experienced theoretically oriented physicist with excellent achievements to strengthen the team to reach the ambitious goals. This position is located at Hoffman Estates, IL. Relocation will be provided to out-of-state candidates.
You will work in the multi-disciplinary team of SPECT Research to support our entire current and future SPECT product line but mainly working on TRL<7 projects. You should have a strong customer focus and passion to understand and address clinical needs in this field, as well as considering the constraints of the business. You should be comfortable to take on large and complex problems as an individual contributor or as part of a larger team. In this role you will contribute or lead research efforts to develop future image formation concepts and system prototypes using your ability to develop and critically evaluate concepts theoretically by using simulation and data analysis. It is expected that you have significant expertise in algorithm development and numerical mathematics, imaging and in particular gamma ray image formation for SPECT. Your excellent communication skills and expertise will also allow you to provide technical support to service and marketing teams in addressing customer complaints and inquiries, and you will collaborate with luminary clinical sites worldwide to test and validate the new technologies in a clinical setting.
• Ph.D. in theoretical or experimental physics with 7+ years’ experience post-graduation
• Desired areas of expertise:
* Gamma ray detection instrumentation and image formation using RTSD
* Radiation transfer
* Noisy ill-conditioned inverse problems,
* Image processing and data analysis
* Advanced high-performance computing, including quantum computing and algorithms
• Demonstrated ability of concept development
• Demonstrated strong physics, mathematics, and data analysis skills
• Demonstrated strong ability to develop within a state-of-the-art computing environment with standard software tools, programming languages (Python, MATLAB, Mathematica), scripting, and efficient operations within Windows and Linux OS on our on-prem and cloud-based environment is mandatory
• Ability to communicate with both scientists and non-scientists is essential
Exceptionally qualified candidates who do not meet all requirements will also be considered.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date except where prohibited by law.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cugapost