[Hallc_running] [New Logentry] RC Daily Update
rmontgom at jlab.org
rmontgom at jlab.org
Thu Nov 22 13:15:02 EST 2018
Summary and status:
- There was an extended downtime starting during owl shift (owl had ~68.5% BNA and 31.5% ABU) (https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3629838). This was mostly caused by a loss of communication with 1L24 in the north linac.
- Since swing yesterday we have been taking production data for Group 11 (Q2 = 5.0, x = 0.5, pi+).
- Beam is back now since ~12:10 and we are continuing data taking on group 11.
- This will be followed by: Group 12 (Q2 = 5.0, x = 0.5, pi-), SHMS electron singles at end of setting 12, Group 8 (Q2 = 3.979, x = 0.5, pi-), Group 7 (Q2 = 3.979, x = 0.5, pi+).
- We have no planned RC meetings until Monday. Unless there is a special request then please let me know.
Notices in effect for shift crews:
* NB!!! If the HV trips for SHMS S1Y5B contact Simona M. '''DO NOT change the HV from the nominal value!'''
* Shift leaders, please fill out the check list once per shift!
* It is no longer required to fill out the standard.kinematics file online, it is now done automagically
* Split the large desired charge between multiple runs (~1 hour per run)
* Listed currents are estimates. For runs at less than 70uA, increase current until SHMS singles rates are between 450k-500k.
* How-to power cycle PLC I/O chassis: https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3625862, https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3625900
Planned accelerator configuration changes:
Monday, Nov 26: Energy change to 1.86 GeV/pass and move to 500 MHz laser. Hall will go to restricted access on Monday morning and current aim is to be locked up again Tuesday Swing. There will be a separate e-mail about shift updates.
Planned accesses to the hall:
Monday, Nov 26: Work in the hall should be coordinated with Walter K. Important aerogel change taking place (~8 hours duration Mon). HGC work will also take place. D. Meekins will also investigate loop 3 JT valve issue.
Tuesday, Nov 27: installing brushes near the spectrometer wheels for S. Lassiter (originally planned for Tue/Wed).
Please let me know if there are any other plans for work in the hall.
Harp scan at 3H07A and 3H07B with raster off to address possible issues with harp (https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3624463).
Vijay Kumar (Regina group) has requested a walkthrough Monday morning.
This is a plain text email for clients that cannot display HTML. The full logentry can be found online at https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3629892
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Hallc_running