[Hallc_running] [New Logentry] RC Daily Update
dhamilto at jlab.org
dhamilto at jlab.org
Fri Nov 30 10:00:02 EST 2018
- Things were much more settled through Swing and Owl yesterday, although there were several long accelerator downtimes (RF issues with 2L24, 1.4 hours, and a valve problem on VBV0L05B, 5 hours).
- The beam steering study (for SHMS fringe fields) was completed with the SHMS at 6.79 degrees, followed by beam checkout and SHMS optics (note the new beam positions).
- SHMS Heep singles runs were then re-taken, due to the problem with missing reference times in the DC TDCs the previous night (which we didn't spot).
- Heep coincidence data-taking is complete and we are moving to production kinematics.
- We have postponed the planned arc energy measurement until early next week.
- The only issue in the hall was with the LN2 levels in the HMS dipole (see update at https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3633367)
- There will be an RC meeting today at 4:15pm, second floor counting house.
Notices in effect for shift crews:
- Shift leaders, please fill out the check list once per shift!
- Shift leaders, please cross-check the BTA numbers against your shift summary.
- Check that the pre-scaler gui is active and hasn't frozen / doesn't need re-started.
- Be on the lookout for any errors when running the replay, particularly errors concerning missing reference times.
- Note the new beam positions for this energy (on the whiteboard / note on wall)
- NB If the HV trips for SHMS S1Y5B contact Simona M. '''DO NOT change the HV from the nominal value!'''
Planned accelerator configuration changes:
- Beam studies / system recovery planned for Monday, Day shift.
Planned accesses to the Hall:
- Monday (during beam studies): Mark and Ethan plan to reboot the HMS collimator motion controller.
This is a plain text email for clients that cannot display HTML. The full logentry can be found online at https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3633397
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Hallc_running