[Halld-offline] MCwrapper v2.2.0 released
tbritton at jlab.org
Fri May 17 09:12:27 EDT 2019
This release is packed with minor bug fixes and quality-of-life enhancements. Some highlights can be found below:
1) The default random trigger location has moved. This gets around an issue where the files would fall off cache and cause jobs to fail. This change should be completely transparent to users.
2) Fixed a bug in which input run numbers containing leading zeroes would be interpreted in hdgeant4 as base-8. https://github.com/JeffersonLab/gluex_MCwrapper/issues/8
3) MCwrapper is now SLURM compatible. MCwrapper will now create the needed directories required by SLURM.
4) Several components of MCwrapper-bot have transitioned to python3. This move provides more robust emailing as well as some other improvement. This should not effect end users.
5) Fixed a bug causing project requests to be tested under my environment and not the requested environment. Now, all projects should be tested in the proper environment.
6) XROOTD IS LIVE! MCwrapper-bot now streams random triggers from UConn (thanks richard) instead of moving a copy of the file with each job. This should significantly decrease bandwidth usage due to random triggers as well as improving job start times as the average payload size drops significantly. Further, MCwrapper will check if you have the necessary packages installed (xrootd-client) and configure your environment to use the streaming. A connection test will be performed and MCwrapper will revert if needed. In principle users who install the xrootd client and have an internet connection can run with BKG=Random:[tag] as if they were running at jlab. In the future this service will be migrated back to JLab. While testing has been performed to ensure the change should be non-blocking and works on machines with the software installed there may be specific instances that may have problems. If encountered please reach out via the github issue page and we'll try to get it working
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Halld-offline