[Lerftest] Notes for today's meeting

Kevin Jordan jordan at jlab.org
Wed Aug 4 09:53:52 EDT 2021

HI All,
Here is the latest regarding the next LCLS-II:


The earliest the vCM would arrive at JLab is November and most likely December.  At this point, the project has postponed the decision to test the vCM at JLab until they have a better understanding of their FY22 funding.  Preliminary feedback from the JLab stakeholders is this delay in vCM testing would need to be integrated with the winter SAD.

I expect a decision from the project to test the vCM at JLab in October/November this year.


The first production LCLS-II HE (high energy upgrade) module is scheduled to be tested in November 2022.

The vacuum work went well - all ion pumps are on - the fast valve needs to be opened yet. Waiting on radon to open hutch to remove spool piece with beryllium window. Once cleared by radon this will be taken to the TEDF vacuum lab (rad area) for leak checking.

PSS re-certification is due - hope to address this next week. It would be nice if ops lock vault & take to power permit so I (or anyone) could take a crack at turning RF on to HV.

Shukui - is drive laser in shape to do PSS cert? Do you even have time to work on it?

When CEBAF is up & running I would like to have the RF turned on & the gradients checked - if we were to do a warmup of the module Gary Chen would like an access to the insulating vacuum space to remove the flux gate magnetometers.

Any other comments?

Best regards,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://mailman.jlab.org/pipermail/lerftest/attachments/20210804/f0d8e9b3/attachment.html>

More information about the Lerftest mailing list